Monday, September 14, 2009

Man, I'm so hyped right now!!!

I don't really know how else to explain how I feel right now, except to say I probably feel something like how Kevin Garnett was feeling after the Celtics won their 17th championship.

So why am I feeling this way?? Did I win the lottery? Did I get laid last night? Did I notice an increase in blog readership??? No, yes, and No. The reason I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW is an E-Mail I received in response to an E-Mail that I sent to my favorite Sub shop of all time, you may have heard of it, Moe's Italian Sandwiches.

Just yesterday I was feeling down. I mean really having a crummy/bad/good-for-nothing day. You know the feeling. So I said to myself "Man what could make me feel better if only for the rest of the night?" The answer just popped into my head... A Super Original with Mayo from Moe's Subs.

I spent many a lunches at work this summer taking off to go pick up some Moe's subs for everyone on the crew at work, a quick 3 minute drive (though I would have drove probably up to 10 minutes, they are that good). We loved the subs, and the whoopie pies, and their selection of chips is near-endless, not too mention they sell Orangina which is my favorite soft-drink.

Well unfortunately Moe's has no sub shops anywhere near Orono Maine, and though I was sad when I reminded myself of this, just the thought of a Moe's sub instantly improved the rest of my day and I was able to cope with the emotions of life. Since I was so eternally grateful of this, I had to send an E-Mail to Moe's expressing my feelings. I felt compelled to do so because I was once told that the easiest way to make yourself feel good about your day is to do at least (and I mean at the very least) do one thing that will greatly improve another's day. I knew instantly my true feelings would not go unnoticed.
the following is a screen shot (my name and email edited out cause you don't need to know that) of the email I sent them over their website, and the reply I received from a member of the FOUNDING FAMILY of Moe's sub. An actual PAGANO family member. Lest I remind you that the response was in less than 24 hours, which is just another reason why Moe's is so AWESOME!

Note some of the key things in these E-Mails:
1) My passionate E-Mail that prompted the response
2) the actual quote from Moe's representative Cheryl Pagano "in a sea of very dull e-mails... yours made my day!" So what I had hoped for in doing something good for someone, actually happened, yay!
3) They basically want me to open a Moe's when I graduate.
4) They want to buy me lunch and talk Moe's with me... how wicked cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment