Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Where you AT?? (Awesome Tuesday)

Today is Tuesday, which means only one thing, I have no classes. So often I will spend a good amount of time on my laptop and/or iPhone finding entertaining stuff.
So let me introduce you to AWESOME TUESDAY (AT) a post idea where I will post the most Awesome stuff I come across on my Tuesday without classes.

I'm really excited to start this first AwesomeTuesday by answering the posts ultimate question: Where you AT? (where is the awesomeness on my tuesday?)
The answer comes in the form of GUY DUPUY Simply put, if you don't know you better ask somebody. I recently spent time coaching youth basketball over the summer, one of my players started telling me who his favorite dunker was. It wasn't Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, or even Chris "Birdman" Anderson. His favorite dunker was some no-name from a group of dunk/basketball enthusiasts calling themselves TeamFlightBrothers I was instantly intrigued by his selection because I knew that someone I had played a few games of pickup with on a few different occasions was part of TeamFlightBrothers (TFP) and was from my hometown in NH. So a shoutout to that man, Danny 4D Ford . BTW Danny 4D Ford's ability to dunk is outshined only by his personality, he has inspired more young kids to be good and keep playing basketball than can be counted by any one person.

Continuing with the basketball theme, where you AT basketball trick shots??? There's a thousand videos of basketball trick shots on the web, but really, they are the same old over the house, off the wall, shot from a bicycle lowered hooped shots... but today I stumbled across a highlight real that was pretty amazing, and ended with one of the coolest, probably hardest trick shots I'd ever seen done... skip to 2 minutes to get to what I'm talking about.

Tomorrow most likely, if I find time in my busy schedule of 3 classes...which I teach (not really) I will take and post a picture of a sign that probably only exists in a place like Maine, that involves Brownies (like the little girl kinds of brownies who sell cookies) and 'parking it in the rear'. Ya, trust me you wouln't want to miss out on that which will be a new regular post that I will do probably titled "It's A Maine Thing". Must read posts to educate outsiders on the way of Mainers and a good reflection of yourself if you're from Maine.

Shout out to The New Hampshirite over at The University of Nonsensical Happenings Blog, for his Awesomeness and for pointing out that most of my flaws can just be excused as "A Maine Thing"

Until then,
This Bear Just Don't Care

No comments:

Post a Comment